Sunday, July 22, 2018

Prince Harry's favourite roast chicken

When Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle the couple was sitting down to a nice roast chicken dinner. It's been reported that it was a special meal that he had prepared for her, setting the scene for him to pop the question.
Carolyn Robb knows all about Prince Harry's love for chicken — she was hired as the royal chef in 1989 and for the next decade, prepared meals for a young Prince William and even younger Prince Harry.
Robb tells the Daily Mail that the boys loved treacle tarts and Eton Mess for dessert and Prince Harry loved his chicken: "Roast chicken was a favorite on the nursery menu, so I’m not surprised that Harry is said to have proposed to Meghan while enjoying a roast chicken dinner."
It's a simple and flavorful way to prepare chicken and if Prince Harry loves it then it's worth a try!
Serves 2
Ingredients
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 4 rashers of streaky bacon
  • 60g butter
  • 2 small sprigs of fresh thyme
  • 2 medium potatoes
  • 4 fresh mini corn
  • 2 mini courgettes
  • 1 large carrot
  • Gravy
  • 2 parsley leaves, to garnish
  • Method
  • Preheat the oven to 160°C. 
  • Remove the skin from the chicken. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon neatly around each breast, positioning it so the ends of the rashers are on the underside. 
  • Spread a little butter onto each piece of chicken and place each one on top of a sprig of thyme on a baking tray. 
  • Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them until they are still slightly firm, and drain well. Mix with half of the butter and place in the baking tray with the chicken. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, slice the vegetables and cook lightly in boiling, salted water. 
  • Drain, season and mix with a little butter.
  • Pierce the chicken with a skewer to test if it is cooked. If the juices run clear, then it is ready. 
  • Leave to stand for 5 minutes before carving. 
  • Slice the chicken thinly and fan it out on a warmed plate alongside the potatoes and vegetables. 
  • Serve with gravy and garnish with parsley.
  • 3 comments:

    1. Its a simple and flavourful way to prepare chicken and if prince herry loves it then its worth a try.I like roast chicken. I share the information with my friend.prince herry service provide in 24 hour Des Moines Towing.keep posting.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have no idea about chicken recipe. Because i do not eat chicken. But My friend like chicken. I shared this recipe with my friend. Because he is help to suggest me my gift for dad.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really like this recipe and it s amazing and nice. It is simple and favorable way to prepare chicken. I made chicken and my this dish eat my pierce county property managers. He said that this is amazing.

      ReplyDelete